PowerBlade develops advanced fitness characteristics for hockey players, such as:
- Peak Physical Fitness: Developing significant upper body strength and speed to deliver the hardest and fastest wrist and snap shots possible.
- Fine-Tuned Muscle Control: By practicing handling, shooting and passing with PowerBlade produces deadly accuracy and speed.
- Resilience to Injury: Players practicing with PowerBlade have developed their muscles through training to resist injury in the face of strenuous activity and contact.
Backed by years of research and development, The PowerBlade is engineered to utilize several accepted principles of kinesiology to foster player development. According to the principle of overload, greater than normal stress or load is required to increase the strength and speed of a muscle.1 Over a period of overload, the muscles adapt to the stress by becoming stronger through a process known as hypertrophy.1 The design of the PowerBlade promotes muscle development and hypertrophy with features like:
- PB Shaft: The shaft of the PowerBlade delivers the perfect mix of feel, flex, and strength to generate power and facilitate haptic perception of the puck.
- Tech Alloy Core: The PowerBlade is end loaded with a weighted core to add the optimal level of overload for maximum strength and skill development.
The PowerBlade Effect: How the PowerBlade changes your body.
- Improved dynamic touch promotes better puck handling: Experienced players gain improve their haptic perception with training, meaning they are better able to sense the position of the puck by feel.2 The PowerBlade end loaded-weighted hockey stick makes precision activities more difficult, providing resistance and adaptation to muscles involved with dynamic touch.1,3 The result: players who use the PowerBlade feel the puck and improve their puck handling.
- Increased cross-sectional area of fast-twitch muscle fibers allows for higher speed: Resistance training with the PowerBlade enlarges muscle fibers, causing the muscles to get stronger. Studies have shown that, under these resistance conditions, fast-twitch muscle fibers increase in areas twice as much as slow-twitch fibers.4-6 While using the PowerBlade, your muscle cells undergo a fundamental change in physiology: increasing the proportion of fast-twitch fibers increases the speed at which the overall muscle can activate it’s myosin motors. This conversion enhances the player’s ability to perform brief, explosive activities such as stick handling and shooting a puck.7